Tuesday, October 26, 2021

An empty airport

 On Saturday my grandmother died very suddenly, my dad was devastated and he  immediately booked plane tickets to Taiwan, unfortunately I was not able to go because I had no vaccine and because the prices were to high.  Only my dad went to Taiwan but when we were saying goodbye to him at the airport it was very empty the whole car park had less than thirty cars. When my sister and I peeked in to the airport from the window we realised there was no queue to the baggage claim at all. When we left the airport and went home my dad called us to show us how all the restaurants and gift shops were closed only a small cafe remained open with customers. My dad brought us along and when we got to security we got put in the tray and I saw pitch black, there wasn't much to see in the tray machine. When it was time for my dad to board the plane. He had to go on a bus because the ramp wasn't open and he had to climb steps up the plane.  After my dad landed in Singapore to change flights he said Singapore had more stores open to the public. Right now my dad is still in Singapore waiting to board his next flight he will get to Taiwan at six at night today and go straight to his managed isolation facility. 

1 comment:

  1. Daddy was too busy livestreaming his journey home and forgot to turn off the camera when all his belongings were to be put in the tray, yeah so that's why the camera went dark and felt like we all passed through the Xray.
    RIP Grandma, you will always be in our heart.

    ReplyDelete