Wednesday, June 2, 2021

Dead bee experiment

 This morning  my class and I did a science experiment about bees .Firstly the teacher showed us a video explaining the different jobs and species of  bees there are , afterwards we each got handed dead bees though I had to share with my buddy Diana . The species of bees we got handed was a honey bee worker but it was too small to investigate so we ended up using another groups queen bumble bee . When the group first opened their queen bumble bee we all got a whiff of a very stinky smell it was as stinky as rotten meat but after a while the smell slowly started to fade. The bee had hairy legs and a fluffy body , soon after , Diana and me  each started writing down our observations on our worksheets  and we learnt where the thorax was located on the bees body.


6 comments:

  1. Hi Priscilla, I see you are on your way with blogging. I also see from your live traffic that you are getting hits from all over New Zealand and the WORLD. How exciting for you! I've also been learning about bees as my sister and nephew are looking into getting a hive. They live on a couple of acres in Pukekohe. Tell me more about what your learnt.... bees are so interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Wow. I actually also learn't about the body parts . It was actually my first time observing a dead bee up close and it was very interesting.

      Delete
  2. Hello Priscilla I liked the way you wrote what you have learnt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Priscilla its me Ayla from belfast school. I liked the way you show your amazing art is it art? Maybe next time you could add more discripion so i k now exactly what you did cause m still confused:|. From Ayla from Belfast school:)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Ayla we were actually doing a observation on a dead bee and learning about the body parts.

      Delete